Thai Peanut Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 head red cabbage, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp low sodium Tamari (or soy sauce)
1. In a large soup pot, saute onion, celery, carrot, garlic, ginger, cauliflower, and cabbage over medium-high heat in 1-2 cups water until veggies are soft (5-10 minutes). Add lemon juice and cook for about another minute.
2. Add veggie broth, coconut milk, peanut butter, and tamari. Reduce heat to medium and stir until well combined. Cook about 5-10 minutes.
3. You can stop here and serve, but I didn't like the way it looked. So I took an immersion blender to it until it was (almost) creamy. Makes about 12 (heaping) 1-cup servings.
|Thai Peanut Soup garnished w/cilantro. Not much to look at but sure tastes good!|