Friday, August 17, 2012

Five Mile Friday

I couldn't believe when I looked at the clock and it was already 7pm! Where did the entire day go?! Oh, I know! I slept in until 9am (what a wonderful treat that was!) then went to the social security office. After procrastinating for almost 3 years, I finally went to get my name changed on my social security card! Nothing like needing to get a passport to make me finally get all legalized and stuff ;) From there we were going to go to Motor Vehicles so I could get a PA drivers license, but I didn't have anything with me that has my current address on it. I'll try that again on Monday. Next we headed for lunch at a little cafe that turned out to be very good! I had a black bean burger with lettuce, tomato, onion and salsa with a side of eggplant fries. Yum! After our bellies were full it was time to go home and take a nap, heh.

That's how it ended up being 7pm and I still needed to get in my run, make dinner, do laundry, etc...
I was just going to run on the treadmill, but when Lucy saw me put on my sneakers she started jumping up and down at the door. So we headed out, in the pouring rain. It was wonderful. Running through puddles and watching her play in them. There was nobody on the golf course. Really, it was just a great run! There's a "loop" right behind our house which is our normal walking route. It's 3/4 mile per loop and half uphill, half downhill. I figured if the rain got to be too much or if Lucy got wiped out, we could head back to the house and I'd finish up on the treadmill, but the time flew by, and before I knew it, we were done.


Tomorrow is "food" day, which means Farmers Market, grocery store, and preparing meals for the week. Another batch of Mexican Vegan Chili, Eggplant Casserole, and Veggie Lasagna are on the menu for the upcoming week, along with the other usual stuff- salads, hummus, salsa, etc..

And that's about it. Off to watch a movie with hubby :)



1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a perfect day!