But now onto my veggie burger experiment!
It was a little messy in the making, but the results were definitely worth it! I will NEVER buy another Boca burger again! Seriously, they came out THAT good!
Here's what I ended up using:
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped (from canned, in water)
- 1 (15-oz) can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke (hickory)
- 1 Tbsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp (hot mexican) chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chili pepper
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
I followed the instructions from the recipe exactly, but I used PAM spray instead of any oil. Instead of making "sliders" like the recipe called for, I ended up with 7 good-sized burgers. When I entered all the nutritional information at SparkPeople.com, they came out to 120 calories per burger. Not bad!
This is hubby's plate. I had mine without any bread, topped with 1/2 of a Roma tomato and some sauteed mushrooms. I didn't have any salad (yet), but I did have the other half of the (also homemade) sweet potato fries! Yummy!
And hubby is still raving about how good it all is! Success!