Friday, March 4, 2011

Here, but not really here...

As some of you know, my hubby's grandpa passed away on Wednesday night. I was home from work for about 20 minutes before we got the call.  We had to throw some stuff together and go charging out the door like bats out of hell. We spent the night with the family and sometime during the 2 hours of sleep I got, I've come down with something- flu? sinus infection? I can't breathe out of the right side of my nose and my head is all stuffy and I have razor blades in my throat when I try to swallow. Ugh!  Anyways, the "arrangements" were all made yesterday afternoon and since there's nothing we can do until tomorrow, we came back home today to pack up what we're going to need for the next few days (the viewings/wake, funeral) before driving back down there again tomorrow morning.  

So needless to say I didn't get my run in today, and tomorrow isn't looking good either. I also didn't feel like cooking today so I ended up with Chinese food.

Reeses for breakfast and Chinese for lunch/dinner: Bleh! That also means I have to start back at Day 1 towards my 30-day chip :( And not even because of what I ate (I can usually fit the Reeses into my day because I burn so many calories, and I allow myself the Chinese 2-3 times per month), but because I didn't even bother tracking yesterday or today. And that's my biggest thing- I am on track as long as I'm tracking! So tomorrow I will start back over at Day 1.

Oh, I am on twitter now (although I am still just learning how to use it) so feel free to add me. I am akaWonderWife and that will pretty much be my only contact for the next few days. Any prayers, thoughts, well wishes for the family would be appreciated. Thanks and good night :)

1 comment:

The Middle Miles said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's grandfather. Don't be afraid to take some time to yourself and work out if it helps. Running probably sounds like a selfish endeavor during times like this, but it's gotten me through the loss of two grandmothers and a high school friend. And don't sweat the junk food. It's fuel for the fire, and when the furnace is hot enough, it'll burn anything. Runs better on a reasonably healthy diet, of course, but sometimes indulging our cravings gives us nutrients that we'd otherwise miss out on with a "healthy" diet.