Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekly weigh-in, February goals review, and a couple more recipes

First off, I weighed 113 this morning, which is proof that you can eat Chinese food (and cookies) every now and then, as long as you account for them and work (run) them off!  I also accomplished my February goal of only eating Chinese food twice during the month :)

Speaking of February goals, I came up a tad short on mileage. My goal was 60 miles and I only did 52. Boo! I blame some of that on the recent weather, but I will concede that most of the blame belongs right here, on me. I'm going to set March's goal at 65 miles.  I also had a great big FAIL on my water intake. I don't know why, but I just can't drink the stuff! Sure, after a long run I will down a 20 oz bottle, but that's really about it. I drink coffee- hot, cold, lukewarm- coffee IS my water.

Last night I made my Mexican Meatloaf and some fresh salsa. Super easy and so yummy!

Mexican Meatloaf:
- 16oz ground turkey (or chicken) breast
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 8oz salsa
- 3oz bag of Quaker Guacamole Tortillaz (smashed)
- 2tsp taco seasoning mix

In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except for about 1/4 cup of the cheese). Dump into a PAM-greased loaf pan and bake at about 375 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and then broil for about 5 minutes. Done. Makes 5 servings.


Note that there are all kinds of things you can modify with this recipe. I usually add a bunch of fresh cilantro, and I use my own salsa instead of the store-bought. Same goes with taco seasoning- I make my own (it's really nothing more than garlic, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper). I also sometimes throw an egg into it to help hold it together.

Super Salsa:
- 4 medium red ripe tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 large jalapeno
- Optional seasoning (cumin, garlic, cayenne, etc)

The easiest way to make this is with one of those little food chopper "Salsa Machine" thingies that has the 3 spinning blades at the bottom. Mine is a Black & Decker and I think it was only $9.99.  It can all be chopped up by hand but it never comes out the right consistency that way. Anyways, the number of servings this makes will vary greatly depending on how much of it you use at a time. I use 1-cup (heaping) servings so it only makes about 4 servings for me.



And in other news, I am on Twitter now, although I don't really know how to use it. I'm assuming it's just like a giant chat program? Anyways, my name is akaWonderWife so feel free to follow me. Just be warned that I have absolutely no idea where I'm going ;)

5 comments:

Mary said...

Oh yum, that recipe sounds delicious! I will definitely be making that this week!!!

Kirsten said...

Hey! I'm so glad you left me a comment so I could wander over and see what a hot ass you are. :) And this recipe? Sounds sooo tasty. Congrats on being a runner - I've tiptoed (with really cute shoes) into the world, but need to get back into it. Smooches! - K

Kirsten said...

ok, one more thing..

I saw on your profile page that you love peanut butter and last week at ww, people were bragging about this product called pb2 (http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-Calories/dp/B002GJ9JWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298981657&sr=8-1)
they love it. maybe you will too! :)

Ok, I'm really leaving now...

paulawannacracker said...

My first visit to your blog and wow, I'm so impressed with your weight loss and your cooking. I'm definitely going to try your mexican meatloaf.

Great blog.

paulawannacracker said...

and you're a runner...looking forward to visiting you for inspiration... I long to be a real runner.