Thursday, January 3, 2013

Three Things Thursday


1. I have discovered the magic of crack kale chips! OMG Yummy!

- 1 bunch of kale (remove stems and tear into pieces)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (gonna experiment with PAM spray next time to avoid the oil)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder (I didn't measure this- just shook it in)
- 1 tsp ground ginger (again, I didn't measure- just shook it in)

Toss everything together, lay on parchment-lined cookie sheet(s) and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. Done!  I think the trick is to lay them so they aren't touching each other.

2. I'm feeling really good about my running again. Since I'm concentrating on training for a marathon, I've been experimenting with intervals here and there. Today I did 3:30/:30 for 30 minutes and felt great! Yesterday I did my little speedup routine- 5 minutes at 5mph, 4 minutes at 5.5mph, 3 minutes at 6mph, 2 minutes at 6.5mph, 1 minute at 7mph. Then I walked for 3 minutes and repeated it. I think that will be my regular Wednesday routine. After a couple weeks I'll change the start speed to 5.5mph and increase from there, and so on...

3. I think Under Armour should sponsor me. It seems all my favorite running clothes (and gym bag) are UA. I used to swear by Nike tempo shorts, but now I prefer the UA ones- they fit so much better and don't "bag" out, if that makes any sense. A huge bonus is that I don't even have to try anything on. I wear a boys large for any tops (so much cheaper buying children's sizes!!) and a ladies small for all bottom-wear.

And here's the motto for today (and of course, every day):




3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Death before decaf!!! Here Here!

Unknown said...

I've heard about kale chips from a bunch of people, but something about kale itself sounds so...So I'm wrong about this, huh?

Glad that your running is happy and your ankle is being good.

:-) Marion

Laura Runs a Latte said...

I have never been a fan of kale but these are amazing!