Monday, January 14, 2013

Why am I worthless on the weekend?

In other words, I did not do my long run yesterday, again :(

I have no problem going to the gym and running every day during the week; in fact I look forward to it! But it seems like I can't get my a$$ in gear on the weekend. It's weird though- all day Saturday I look forward to my Sunday long run, but then on Sunday I spend the whole day procrastinating until I finally just don't do it. Granted, this has only been the last 2 weeks but it makes me feel like a failure.  I think my main excuse is that I'm not registered for any races at the moment so I don't need to be "in training." Whatever. 

Scratch all that. I'm going to do the Bucks County Half Marathon in April. I think I mentioned it already but I hadn't decided for sure whether I was going to do it or not. I am! It's 13 weeks from yesterday, so I can start training "for real" now. Bonus: it's only 5 minutes from my house :) 

I am keeping a full marathon on my goal list for the year. After the half I'm going to keep progressing my miles and once I'm up to (and able to complete) a 20-mile long run I'll register. I'm leaning towards the Philadelphia Marathon which hasn't been posted yet, but should be in November. Unless it's one of those lottery things like NY. Then I'm not sure.

I did have a productive weekend food-wise. I made and prepped my meals for the week: 
  • Romaine salad with tomatoes, onions, and celery 
  • Tahini lime dressing (from the Peas and Thank You cookbook)
  • Mexican Quinoa with black beans, black olives, onions, mushrooms, cilantro, cumin and hot mexican chili powder (topped with salsa and guacamole) (adapted from the Daily Garnish)
  • Super Salsa! (my recipe- see recipe page)
  • Sriracha baked tofu (from Fo' Reals Mom)
  • Buffalo Cauliflower (from PeTA)
And on the weight front, I'm still bouncing between 120-122. I'd like to get back under 120 by the end of January, and ultimately get back down to between 114-116. Anything less than that was unhealthy, especially when I'm running a lot.

That's about it. Have a great week!



3 comments:

Caron said...

I am the queen of procrastination on exercise and not just the weekend either. I did a few exercises with weights and my resistance band this morning, but then I wimped out of my class tonight because it was 35 degrees and raining and I wanted to stay in the warm house. Not good. :(

Caron said...

PS: Thanks for the recipes, especially the Mexican Quinoa.

Laura Runs a Latte said...

The quinoa is a pain because I don't have a strainer small enough for it. Next time I might leave it out and just use the black bean concoction- I rinsed and drained the black beans and then mashed them up and added a can of chopped olives, cumin and hot mexican chili powder plus the lime juice. This could have easily been it's own recipe :)