Monday, January 10, 2011

Just another Manic Monday

Is your cat plotting to kill you?

And just when I thought things were finally starting to look up!


So anyways, I have begun Half Marathon training! I tend to do better when I'm following some sort of routine, and I found an 8-week plan that looks doable. It's from Fitness Magazine and each week looks like this:


Day 1: Rest
Day 2: Walk/run intervals
Day 3: Cross-train
Day 4: Easy run
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: Walk/run intervals
Day 7: Long run


Each week adds more mileage so that by the end of the 8th week you are running 13.1 miles! Today is my w1d3 so I'll be riding my bike while I watch Dexter later. Speaking of which, I am totally OBSESSED with Dexter! I only have 2 episodes left of season 4, and so far I haven't been able to find season 5 :(

1 comment:

nwkate said...

Days #1 and #5? Those rest days?? Guard them zealously. And follow the directions faithfully. Your body will need the rest. It may not seem like it to start, but trust me, failure to rest is what leads to serious and lasting injuries. Not that I would know anything about such foolishness! And make sure that you stretch, stretch, stretch - it will help prevent those nasty injuries from cropping up, too.

I am so proud of you for making this commitment to yourself. You are going to love running a half!