Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I suck at Blogging

Yeah, I'm horrible at keeping this thing updated. I always feel like I have so much to say, but them when I sit down to write... well... I got pretty much nothing :(

I do have some good news! I started back at my old job yesterday and I finally feel like I'm back to my normal self. Funny how much I hated that place and couldn't wait to get the hell out of there, and now I'm so relieved to be back! They were all so happy to see me so I "let" them buy me Chinese food as a sort of Welcome Back present ;)   But anyways, since we moved here I just haven't felt like myself. I've been running again which absolutely makes me happy, but other than that, I've just been a big ball of BLAH! I'm sure it's because of the job/money situation. All my prior "experience" has nothing to do with my schooling, regardless of the fact that I still have NO IDEA WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP! Yes, I'm aware I'm over 40 now but SO WHAT!?!

I am still very introverted and shy, and I do not want to "go to" school. I much prefer the online degree approach. The problem with this is that I am a math/science person, and anything I'm interested in involves "going" to labs.  But I digress. I may have found an alternative option.  Health information technology. I could take my 20+ years of clerical experience (I type over 100wpm btw) and combine it with science/math in the medical industry and become a medical secretary or something like that. I mean really, what's another 2 years of my life, right?  Wow, I got so totally off the topic of what I was intending to talk about.

Half Marathon training is still going well. I actually just got back in from a 3.5-mile run. I'm usually just warming up about mile 3, but for some reason today I had a hard time with the last mile and a half. My times were ok though: Mile 1 in 9:05, mile 2 in 8:35, and mile 3 in 8:55.

Ok so anyways, what I really wanted to say is how the saying is true that "You don't know what you got til it's gone." I have been in a total funk since we moved here, but after returning to my old job yesterday I finally feel like I'm back! I'm me again! I'm HAPPY again! So Yay! Of course it also helps that they are paying me more because of the longer commute ;)

And I really am going to try to do better with this blog thing.

2 comments:

nwkate said...

It's a fine line between being stuck in a rut and being back on track. I hope that you truly are on track again. And Health Information Technology is a hot field. Why not go for it?! Happy running and I hope the weather clears up for you soon!

Laura Runs a Latte said...

I definitely feel like I'm back to normal (finally), but now I have a different problem- by the time I get back home I am too exhausted to work out! I'm gonna have to change my run days again so that I'm not running on my long drive days. Either that, or I need to find a gym close by work that I can use for my lunch hour.