Saturday, February 26, 2011

Whee! Finally (and I mean FINALLY!!!) got to run outside!

I love working at Weight Watchers on Saturday mornings. It really helps to keep me on track for the weekends. Of course, having Monday as my "official" Weigh-in day helps also ;) As a lifetime member at goal weight (and having been maintaining for 2 years now!) I only have to weigh-in once a month, but I'm one of those scale-junkies who weighs at home EVERY day, and I weigh at WW every Monday, just to keep myself accountable. 

Anywho, I came home and had a late breakfast (cereal w/an apple and skim milk), read some blogs, and then once I gave my food enough time to digest I geared up and went for yesterday's run (yeah, a day late- story of my life)... OUTSIDE! I finally got to use the Garmin I got from hubby (in November!). It was a smoldering 40 degrees (LOL!) and sunny, and just about all the ice/snow is off my running path...

I ♥ living on a golf course!
I did 5.1 miles in 54 minutes which included a 4-minute warm-up and a 4-minute cool-down. My running was quite a bit slower than usual, but it was worth it to be off that f%$#'n treadmill back outside! I am really looking forward to my 8-mile run tomorrow!

2 comments:

minigrrl said...

I know what you mean, I can't wait to run outside and get off the stupid, boring treadmill. We have the opposite problem here - it's too hot and humid to run outside right now - waiting for autumn/winter and cooler temps...

I want a Garmin too. Which one do you have? Is it good?

Laura Runs a Latte said...

I have a 305 which is basically the same as the 205 but with a heart rate monitor (too bad the strap is too big so I can't even wear it- ugh). I like it so far but there's so much to it; I really need to read the manual!