Sunday, August 14, 2011

7-mile Long Run and Week in Review

Happy Sunday everyone!  It’s been a good (but busy as usual) week overall!  I just came in from my 7-mile long, slow run and I’m having a late lunch before jumping in the shower, so I thought I’d do a little post.

I was very happy with my long run, though I don’t think I’m slowing down as much as I probably should be.  If my “race pace” is around 7mph I’m told my long, slow runs should be around 5mph.  To be honest, it hurts my legs to run slower than 5.5 for any extended period of time.  Anyways, here are my splits from today’s run:

Mile 1: 12:05 includes 3-min warm-up walk then 6mph run
Mile 2: 10:50 6mph run w/5mph breaks for 30 sec every .25 mile
Mile 3: 10:15 ditto but increased regular pace to 6.5
Mile 4: 10:40 6mph w/4mph break for 30 sec at .5 mile
Mile 5: 10:10 6mph w/5mph break for 60 sec at .5 mile
Mile 6: 10:00 6mph no break
Mile 7: 9:55 5.5mph but increased to 7mph for last .25 mile

I hate having that warm-up walk in there because it destroys my overall time :( Boo! Anywho, I was pretty much a soaking sweatball when I finished, but I definitely could have kept going for at least another 2-3 miles.

And for my week in review:

Before I do my little calendar screen-shot, I have to give a shout-out to Cranky Fitness! When I first started reading blogs CF was an immediate favorite. After about a 6-month hiatus, Cranky Fitness is back! She just did an awesome giveaway for a P90x system, and guess who won?!  ME! Woohoo!!  Thanks Crabby! And thanks to Paul @fitnessbodyonline.com who is the one actually sending the P90x to me Smile

My weight stayed between 113 – 114, except for Wednesday when it crept up to 115. I blame the Chinese food from Tuesday ;)  And maybe the Peanut Butter M&Ms that somehow ended up in our vending machine at work. I am not one to frequent the vending machine and probably wouldn’t have even noticed these, but one of my evil co-workers pointed them out since she knows I’m PB-OCD!  After the 3rd bag (thankfully not all in the same day!) I read the ingredients and noticed the dairy. Sigh.  Why would I have not thought about that beforehand! I mean, Duh! Milk chocolate = milk. I must have been in denial or something.  Needless to say, I’m done with the PB M&Ms (unless of course there becomes a dairy-free version!).

On Friday night when I got home from work, hubby and I headed out to Musikfest in Bethlehem. It was actually quite fun! We wandered around for a couple hours while he ate his way from one end of the place to the other. I had some potato chips and a whole wheat pretzel. While there, I found out there’s going to be a VegFest in the same area on September 10th! Yippee! I’m really looking forward to that!

On Saturday, hubby and I went grocery shopping and then went looking for somewhere to eat.  He has been wanting to try this place called Pickles so we headed over there, but when I saw the menu, I asked him if we could please go somewhere else. It would have cost me at least $20 to “build” a veggie meal! We ended up right down the street at Italiano Delight where they have a $7.50 buffet. It was fabulous! I had no problem finding meat/dairy-free items and hubby totally gorged himself sick! Lol! It also came with a complimentary side of pasta, so we got angel hair pasta with olive oil, spinach and fresh garlic- it was out of this world! We will most definitely be going back there again!

I think that’s about it. I’d like to thank those of you who have commented on my posts during the week.  I try to squeeze in what I can when I have time on my lunch breaks. I hope I got back to everyone, but if not, thank you! Your comments are truly appreciated!

I’m off to shower and then cook up my meals for the week.


- Do you slow down for your long runs? If so, by how much?

- Do you batch cook on the weekends for the upcoming week?

2 comments:

Fat in Suburbia said...

Your run info exhausts me just reading it! It's cool that you won a P90X! Have a great week :)

Crabby McSlacker said...

Ah, sure wish my problem was needing to SLOW DOWN more during exercise. And hey, thanks for the Cranky Fitness shout-out!