Monday, February 4, 2013

Virtual 10k done!

I'm a day late posting this, but as some of you know I've had that nasty virus that's been going around. My fever finally broke last night! Hurray!

Yesterday (yes, with a fever) I ran the first of the #13in2013 Virtual Race Series. This one was called #tacklethemiles and I committed to 10k. I was supposed to do a 9 mile long run and I was just going to incorporate the 10k into it, but because of my headache and fever I stopped after the 10k. As you can see by my splits I started out with all intentions of this being a long slow run, but by the 3rd mile I started "racing" it and finished with a better time than I expected. No PR or anything, but not too shabby!

So I ended up running 5 of 7 days last week:
  • Monday 1/28/13 - 3.6 miles
  • Tuesday 1/29/13 - 3.25 miles
  • Wednesday 1/30/13 - 3.75 miles
  • Thursday and Friday - Rest days 
  • Saturday 2/2/13 - 4.5 miles
  • Sunday 2/3/13 - 6.2 miles
             For a total of 21.3 miles :)

And that's about it for my exciting life, LOL! Have a great week!


No comments: