Thursday, August 9, 2012

3 pounds to go (and a new hummus recipe)!

I was so excited when I saw 119.2 on the scale this morning! It seems like forever I've been trying to get back under 120 (though it's really only been a few months, heh)! 3 pounds to go!!

Today I thought I'd share my new favorite hummus recipe, which is based on this one from KidTestedFireFighterApproved. I have quite a few recipes from that site on my "to do" list! Unfortunately, our stove broke on Monday and I can't get a new one until Saturday or Sunday. So there will be no cooking until then. Thank goodness I had already prepped and made a bunch of stuff last Sunday!

Buffalo Hummus:

1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed, and peeled)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup Tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
a dash of salt
1 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
1.5 tsp paprika
3-4 Tbsp Frank's Buffalo hot sauce

Put everything in processor (I use a Ninja) and blend until smooth and creamy. If too thick/pasty add a little water or chickpea liquid to get it to the desired consistency. Refrigerate until ready to serve. I've been eating this all week with either celery sticks or Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins. Yum!

Now I'm heading over to the gym for some cross-training on the elliptical. Have a great day!

More hummus please, mom!


4 comments:

Caron said...

Hummus recipe looks good. We love the Frank's Hot Sauce. I went to Google to see how to peel the chickpeas. Sounds pretty easy. :)

Vanessa said...

Cutest Pup!

Laura Runs a Latte said...

Peeling the chickpeas really makes a difference! I dump the can into a strainer and then rinse them for about 5 minutes. Then leave them sit in water for about 10-15 minutes. That will loosen the "skin" and make them easier to peel. As for peeling just put it between your thumb and first finger and sort of squeeze the bean out. The more you do it, the faster you'll get! Lol!

Laura Runs a Latte said...

Thanks Vanessa! She's at least double that size now and still growing!