Thursday, August 11, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I had my new favorite lunch today! When I got home from work last night I plugged in the crockpot and here's what I threw in it:
     - one bag boca crumbles
     - one can black beans (I blended them first so they didn't "look" like beans)
     - one jar salsa (I use Salpica Cilantro and Green Olive)
     - 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
     - some cumin and hot mexican chili powder
     - 2 ears of corn, cut off the cob
     - a pack of low sodium taco seasoning
     - the juice of half of a lime
     - a handful of cilantro
I set it on low overnight and then portioned it out (5 1-cup servings) this morning before work. I had it for lunch over a bed of spring mix and then topped it with some of my homemade salsa and a dollop of Tofutti sour cream. YUM!

2. As some of you may know, I haven't been able to find a "normal" full-time job since moving this past November, so I've been temping back at my old job since February. We are currently in negotiations to make it "worth my while" to come back as a permanent part-time employee.  That would mean I'd get my benefits and PTO time back (among a couple other little "bonuses")! I should know something within the next month. Please keep me (and my poor little bank account) in your thoughts ;)

3. My running mojo is definitely back - I ran 7 days in a row! Yesterday I finally took a rest day, but tonight I'm looking forward to a nice easy 4 miler, which should finish off my 13.1 miles of the Hotter Than Hades Virtual Half Marathon :)


Lunch break is over now, back to the grind...


3 comments:

Fat in Suburbia said...

Get the job good thoughts headed your way!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the recipe!! I have been looking for something just like it! Yay for you on the running ~ I've been doing 5Ks and cant seem to get any faster...just plugging away at 12 minute miles ~ any advice on getting faster. Sending you good vibes on the job front!

Heidi said...

That recipe sounds delicious! I'll have to try it. :)

JOB MOJO!