Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sweaty Sunday, Overnight Oats, and August Goals


1. It seemed like such a great day for my long run, but by the time I got out there it was over 100 degrees, again. I was supposed to do 6 miles.  I barely made it 4.5 before I just couldn't go any further :(  Why did I not realize that signing up for a Half-Marathon in September meant that I would be training through the hottest part of the summer?! Why?! I am not feeling confident AT ALL about the HM. Ugh.



2. I have my overnight oats all ready for tomorrow's breakfast. I swear this is the greatest breakfast ever! I'm pretty sure I got the original recipe from Chocolate-Covered Katie, but here's how I make mine:

     - 1 mashed banana
     - 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
     - 2/3 cup almond milk
     - 1 tbsp ground flax
     - 1 tsp vanilla extract
     - 1 tbsp vegan choc chips
     - 1 tbsp PB2 (chocolate)

Mix everything together and put (in an airtight container) in fridge overnight. In the morning uncover, stir and eat :)

3. August Goals.

- I really need to amp up my HM training, no matter the temperature outside. I really have no excuses seeing as how I DO belong to a gym.  My energy gels are all replenished and I got a few new pairs of magic socks, so I'm ready to go! I'm going to start using my training log again too.

- Less experimenting with vegan desserts. More experimenting with vegan healthy meals :)  And speaking of food, back to tracking EVERY bite.  I tend to eat much better when I'm tracking 100%.  So this also means cutting back on eating out. It's way too difficult to dissect nutritional information from restaurant food.

- I have no weight-related goals for the month other than to continue maintaining between 112 - 117. For July I did not go below 112 and did not go over 115. At least there's one thing I'm consistent with ;)

Wishing you all an Awesome August!

1 comment:

Caron said...

I should have taken a picture this morning after my walk. I'll bet it would have looked a lot like yours. It went from 80 to 85 in 50 minutes and that last hill I climb is hard. I haven't run since I was a 10 year old kid but I admire those that do. Hope you manage to get the training you need. :)