Monday, June 6, 2011

Vegetarianism Day 10

So, after watching Food Inc. I quit eating meat. Today is Day 10 and I've had no cravings at all. I've tried a few new things - Turnips, Spaghetti Squash, and Green Beans. Other than overdoing it on the turnips, all has been well. And my tummy issues seem to have disappeared! Yay!

My first attempt at making the spaghetti squash was a success. I put it in a shallow baking dish with a little water and baked it for an hour at 350. After letting it cool off some (about 30 minutes) I cut it in half and scooped out the seeds and goopey stuff. Then I took a fork and made spaghetti with it. I sauteed some mushrooms and black olives in EVOO and then mixed it all together, dumped it into a casserole dish, topped with 1/4 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese and baked it for 30 minutes. It's DELICIOUS!

I also bought some quinoa and black beans. Those are next on my list of things to try.

My running mojo still has not returned, so last night I decided to go running without it  ;)



I still don't know what exactly to do with this blog.  I suppose I will just write (type) when I have time, until I can figure something out.

2 comments:

Caron said...

I told my husband I wanted to watch that movie and he said "no thanks." I may try watching it but I don't want to be vegetarian. I'm not ready to do as much planning as I "think" would be necessary to be a successful vegetarian. You can cook spaghetti squash in the microwave as long as you poke holes in it. A lady at WW told about blowing the door off her microwave because she didn't do that. :)

Sarah said...

Thanks for the spaghetti squash recipe honey! I didnt know how to make it. :)

Sarah @ Thinfluenced