Friday, April 8, 2011

Doing the #30daychip dance :)

 First I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words/encouragement about my 10-mile race! While I don't think I'd do that particular race again, I am already looking for something else in May/June - I'm thinking a 15k would be good at this point.

 I FINALLY got new running shoes this morning! I had all intentions of just grabbing a new pair of Ghosts and leaving, but they were out of my size and I didn't feel like ordering them. So... I tried on a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 14s. I actually had been wanting a pair of these but didn't want to spend the $150. They just so happened to be on sale for $99.99 and then I had a $60 groupon on top of that, so I couldn't pass them up! I also restocked my depleted Gu supply. They were out of Espresso Love so I got a couple packets of Vanilla Bean, and then saw that the Clif Shots had a Double Expresso flavor so I got some of those and some Mocha. Anything that even vaguely tastes like coffee and I'm sold ;)  And of course I got some more socks!



 On Wednesday, I earned my #30daychip! Now I just need to let Brad know so that I can get my "award."  Yay! I tracked every single thing that went into my mouth for 30 days! While I normally do track everything, there are always some days that something will get skipped, and I'm really trying to be totally accountable. So no matter whether it was something as tiny as a cough drop, if it went in my mouth, I wrote it down.

 As far as the #100daychipquest goes, today is tomorrow will be, yet again, back to Day 1 :( On Wednesday, I didn't drink enough water, and then yesterday I had Chinese Food. The worst part - it didn't even taste good, but I ate it anyways. So between that and the cookie overload I am back to square one. By the way, I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not (I've never had PMS before), but TOM showed up this morning, TWO WEEKS EARLY!  To compensate? A totally unhealthy omelet at the diner after shopping this morning. I only ate about 1/4 of it (plus the toast), but my stomach is telling me that I've failed for today. And because I don't know exactly how to dissect it into what exactly went into my mouth, my #7daychip and #30daychip also starts over tomorrow too :( 

 Anyways, I'm going grocery shopping later this afternoon or tomorrow morning, and then I'll be all restocked with my normal healthy, yummy foods. But for now, I think I'm going to take a nap. Have a happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

Caron said...

New shoes and ten mile races...awesome! :)

The Middle Miles said...

Where are you spending $150 for Wave Riders?? You're near Kutztown, right? Please, let me point you towards stores that have shoes for reasonable prices! The Wave Rider should never be over $100, period. The Creation retails for $140, but the Rider should directly compete with the Ghost. I've heard that's an absolutely awesome shoe though. I really wanted to try it, but it doesn't fit my foot right.

Laura Runs a Latte said...

Caron, thanks!

Becki, you are right - It was the Creations that I had been looking at for $150 (now $140). I kept getting the 2 confused. I'm taking the Riders out for their first run in a few hours and will update afterwards, but I'm keeping the Creations on my wish list ;)

AlmostGastricBypass said...

Allanmklein@gmail.com

Not sure where you grew up. I am old