1. It seemed like such a great day for my long run, but by the time I got out there it was over 100 degrees, again. I was supposed to do 6 miles. I barely made it 4.5 before I just couldn't go any further :( Why did I not realize that signing up for a Half-Marathon in September meant that I would be training through the hottest part of the summer?! Why?! I am not feeling confident AT ALL about the HM. Ugh.
2. I have my overnight oats all ready for tomorrow's breakfast. I swear this is the greatest breakfast ever! I'm pretty sure I got the original recipe from Chocolate-Covered Katie, but here's how I make mine:
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vegan choc chips
- 1 tbsp PB2 (chocolate)
Mix everything together and put (in an airtight container) in fridge overnight. In the morning uncover, stir and eat :)
3. August Goals.
- I really need to amp up my HM training, no matter the temperature outside. I really have no excuses seeing as how I DO belong to a gym. My energy gels are all replenished and I got a few new pairs of magic socks, so I'm ready to go! I'm going to start using my training log again too.
- Less experimenting with vegan desserts. More experimenting with vegan healthy meals :) And speaking of food, back to tracking EVERY bite. I tend to eat much better when I'm tracking 100%. So this also means cutting back on eating out. It's way too difficult to dissect nutritional information from restaurant food.
- I have no weight-related goals for the month other than to continue maintaining between 112 - 117. For July I did not go below 112 and did not go over 115. At least there's one thing I'm consistent with ;)
Wishing you all an Awesome August!