So for September, I ran 74 miles which, while not anywhere near the 101 miles I ran in August, included TWO 13.1 mile runs! Once in a training run and then again at the Philadelphia Rock-n-Roll Half-Marathon! While I'm not ecstatic about my finish time, I am super excited to be a half-marathoner! And I can't wait to start training for a full 26.2 miles! Since I'm not as focused on time as endurance, I'm leaning towards using a Galloway training program which is comprised of run/walk intervals. I'm hoping to get that all sorted out today too.
As for my weight, it fluctuated between 114 - 110 for the month of September. I consider that a huge win since I was really bad about tracking for most of the month. I also ate way too many cookies. Both of the cookie recipes I've been making are ridiculously simple and no-bake! One I followed exactly from the Forks over Knives book, and the other I don't remember where the original recipe came from but I changed it so much that it really became my own ;)
Nutty no-bake Cookies (my recipe):
- 1/2 cup Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds, ground
- 1/4 cup shelled Pistachios, ground
- 1/3 cup Oatmeal Flour (or just grind up 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1-2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Combine almonds, pistachios, oatmeal (and salt if using) in a medium mixing bowl. Note: You can either measure/grind the nuts/oats separately, or measure/dump all of it together into grinder.
- In a smaller bowl, combine agave, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add wet to dry. Mix until dough forms. You might want to use your hands :) *My dough was pretty dry so I added the 2nd tsp of vanilla extract here* Tip: Make a circle with your thumb and forefinger. This is about the size you want to make your cookie balls. Unless you have really big hands or long fingers. Then make them a little smaller ;) My dough made 8 cookies.
- Roll into balls then shape balls into cookies (or just leave them as balls ;))
- Put the cookies on parchment paper and put in a gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Put in freezer until firm (about an hour).
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting ;)
(Per cookie based on 8 cookies total)
- Fat 8.6
- Carbs 7.3
- Calories 110.2
- Protein 2.7
WW PointsPlus: 3