Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Halloween that wasn't :(

Saturday's snow storm left us with about 8 inches of snow, a bunch of downed trees, and the largest power outage this area has seen. Our power went out around noon on Saturday and it's still not back :(  Luckily, my mother-in-law has a generator that we were able to borrow, so we now at least have heat, TV, and internet (the 3 necessities in life ;))  The electric company is saying it will still be a few days before they get to us and are guesstimating Thursday night, Nov. 3rd at 11pm.

So needless to say I totally missed out on Halloween this year :(  Not only my favorite holiday, but also hubby's and my 2nd anniversary. It's been so stressful the last few days that by the time we got back home with the generator and got it hooked up yesterday afternoon, we were too exhausted to do anything but go grab a quick bite to eat and then come home and pass out (with the dog and cat in between us!).

Would it be wrong for me to wear my Halloween costume to Thanksgiving dinner?


2 comments:

Caron said...

Wonderful that you were able to get the generator. Love the cartoon and I'm passing it on to my daughters. :)

Unknown said...

Sorry you had to go through that. I remember a Halloween when I was 11 or 12 and it snowed. I had new red (cheap) sneakers on, and my feet turned bright red from the leaking red dye. That growing up 1/2 mile from Canada, for ya. :D

I'm hoping for better weather when I go to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving to see my middle daughter at Carnegie Mellon.

Love the cartoon!

:-) Marion